| Calabas Reef, Bonaire | N 12° 8.6', W 68° 16.6' | ||||
| Dive Number 207 | Buddy Tom | Surface temp 27°C | Starting pressure 3200psi | ||
| Depth 50ft | Visibility great | Time 54m | Water temp 25°C | Ending pressure 1500psi | |
Notes: | One of the great things about diving at a dive resort like Divi Flamingo is that if you feel like taking another dive, you just grab another tank! After the two tryout dives, Tom was preparing to dive again and I asked if he'd like company - it took a couple asks before he really picked up on the fact that I wanted to join him - He has hundreds of dives (maybe more than a thousand?) and would have happily gone on his own, but we eventually got in and headed North to the cruise ship pier north of our resort. We saw more of the same fish we had seen, but this was my first sighting of a light grey eel that looked a lot like a snake that I'd never seen before. It was a sharptail eel, something we'd see lots more of on the week. Tom has mad diving skills, which doesn't mean I don't feel like being a good buddy, but does mean that I feel confident I don't need to keep him under constant watch! I'm glad I convinced him to let me come - it was the only time all week he and I buddied up! | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment