Sunday, May 19, 2019

Calabas Reef, Bonaire N 12° 8.6', W 68° 16.6'
   Dive Number 206 Buddies
Chad, Philip
Surface temp
27°C
Starting pressure
2400psi
Depth
73ft
Visibility
great
Time
35m
Water temp
25°C
Ending pressure
1000psi

Notes:

Buddies are ready to dive! I dove with Philip (my Bonaire roommate) and Chad (another new friend), and we realized shortly after getting buddied up that Chad didn't have the correct amount of weight for the dive, so I hustled out and got him a couple more pounds of lead from the pier. It's unconventional for me to have two new buddies at the same time, and I was keen to be mindful and safe with new folks I didn't yet know well, but we all managed fine - both Chad and Philip were comfortable in the water. We swam out onto the reef and got our first glimpse of some of the local life!

I was told to expect that there would be few large animals under the water and that we'd get treated to abundant small life - there are trumptetfish, filefish, cowfish, trunkfish, and of course lots and lots of parrotfish and little fishies that I don't know what they're all called. Great first dive with some new buddies!

No comments: