Monday, January 23, 2012


Wreck Alley, Cooper Island, BVI N 18° 22.5', W 64° 30.7'
   Dive Number 146 Buddy
Martin
Surface temp
mild
Starting pressure
3000psi
Depth
83ft
Visibility
excellent
Time
42m
Water temp
24°C
Ending pressure
1000psi

Notes:

Wreck alley contains several wrecks, and Jason and I explored around two of them last time we came here. For tonight's dive, we made two good decisions: First we dove at twilight, and were subsequently able to eat afterwards (this was such an enjoyable scheduling configuration that we continued it for the remainder of the vacation), and also I decided to leave my camera behind on night dives so I'd have more hands for working computer and lights etc.

I didn't notice the garden eels this time, but saw plenty of reef fish around the well preserved steel hull of the wreck more distant from the buoy. For the first time in my dive career, my dive ended because I was running out of no deco time. We ascended along the wall, and returned to the line, before surfacing and supping on shrimp and scallops over rice, and finished with Tara's unforgettable Banoffee pie.

No comments: