| RMS Rhone, Salt Island, BVI | N 18° 22.1', W 64° 32.1' | |||
| Dive Number 148 | Buddy Martin | Surface temp warm | Starting pressure 3000psi | |
| Depth 69ft | Visibility excellent | Time 52m | Water temp 26°C | Ending pressure 900psi | Notes: | Divers and snorkelers alike joined to see the stern of the Rhone wreck, and Martin and I were accompanied by our chef Tara in place of Maddy our usual divemaster (two years ago, Jason and I were joined by Kat - is there a tradition of the chef getting to dive the stern of the Rhone?) We swam around a little to find the wreck, and Tara had to endure ribbing about taking us to some of the "less visited" parts. Once there, we were rewarded with the views of the wreck itself (propellor, swimthrough, spoon, porthole) as well as a beautiful grey angel [pictured] and a group of four porcupinefish, a green moray and a large school of a fish that I now think were needlefish [I initially thought they looked like small barracuda, but there were about a hundred of them and so I looked them up in the guide on board and the fish I found said "could be mistaken for barracuda". I probably ought to have written that down instead of expecting to remember it]. Before the dive ended, Martin spied a fabulously coloured juvenile queen angel no more than 3cm long.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment