Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kelly's Cove, Norman Island, BVI N 18° 19.5', W 64° 37.4'
   Dive Number 141 Buddy
Martin
Surface temp
23°C
Starting pressure
3000psi
Depth
52ft
Visibility
excellent
Time
53m
Water temp
26°C
Ending pressure
1200psi

Notes:

I was shocked to find that there were only seven passengers on the Cuan Law this week, and was shocked a second time to learn that Martin and I were the only two divers in the group. This means that all week long, we'll be diving in the company of just each other and our talented divemaster, Maddy (who herself is from Whistler). On our checkout dive, Martin and I demonstrated we could recover our regulators and breathe from each other's secondary air supply. Then we took a short tour of the reef, saw lots of fish, a few arrow crabs, a sea turtle, and this remarkably geometric mollusc [pictured] on a sea fan which I understand is a flamingo tongue snail.

No comments: