Tuesday, January 24, 2012


RMS Rhone, Salt Island, BVI N 18° 22.1', W 64° 32.1'
   Dive Number 147 Buddy
Martin
Surface temp
mild
Starting pressure
3000psi
Depth
73ft
Visibility
excellent
Time
46m
Water temp
24°C
Ending pressure
800psi

Notes:

The RMS Rhone is considered by some to be the most amazing wreck dive in the Caribbean. Given its popularity, the Cuan Law wisely does dives of the bow by early morning and late night to avoid traffic. Since Martin and I were [as of yet] the only divers on board, this meant that when we arrived by early morning, we and Maddy were the only divers on the whole of the wreck. [I am still a little flabbergasted by this]. We enjoyed the swimthrough [pictured], which I was unable to do last time, and spent a while admiring the Roman column feel of the part of the flooring that now hosts an impressive array of coral. We also spied one of many lionfish that we'd eventually see over the week, as well as a southern ray under the tip of the bow.

No comments: