Friday, January 27, 2012

The Aquarium, Virgin Gorda, BVI N 18° 26.4', W 64° 27.2'
   Dive Number 157 Buddies
Martin, Terry
Surface temp
warm
Starting pressure
3000psi
Depth
30ft
Visibility
excellent
Time
50m
Water temp
26°C
Ending pressure
1500psi

Notes:

After our Friday beach bar-b-cue lunch, divers and snorkellers alike took a swim at this site, one I remembered being rich with lots of fish and turtles. From above, Cheryl was able to appreciate schools of sergeant major and yellowtail, but didn't see cowfish or porcupinefish or French angels [last two pictured]. She was also spared having to see a resting nurse shark or the pair of octopus that we saw together nestled in a nook in the reef [also pictured]. Normally I don't get too excited about nurse sharks since they "don't really do anything" and usually they're mostly out of sight underneath some low shelf, but this one was open enough to see all at once, and I also shot some video of it swimming away [I may get around to including this].

No comments: