| Round Lake, South Frontenac ON | N 44° 24.9', W 76° 25.6' | ||||
| Dive Number 77 | Buddy Lee | Surface temp 24°C | Starting pressure 3100psi | ||
| Depth 35ft | Visibility fair | Time 42m | Water temp 9°C | Ending pressure 1800psi | |
Notes: | When Cheryl and the kids took a week at the Parsons cottage, I figured I'd get out on the Wednesday evening dive. Earlier in the week, I had the idea to email Mike and see if he was up or an afternoon dive before the night. It was uncanny when he pre-emptively emailed me to invite me to join Dianne, Lee and him at nearby Round Lake. The dive was good, but I should have more closely heeded the warnings about the thermoclines in small lakes. At 18 or 19 feet, the water became downright frigid, and wearing a beanie and thin gloves instead of my cold water fare, I was happy to ascend into what felt like a bath above the thermocline for a little tour after seeing the cars. A fantastic school of about a hundred sunfish hung around as we returned to the entry point, and I could have watched them for a long time. | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment