Saturday, August 09, 2008

Keystorm, New York N 44° 25.8', W 75° 49.3'
   Dive Number 79 Buddy
Jean-Yves
Surface temp
21°C
Starting pressure
3100psi
Depth
112ft
Visibility
good
Time
36m
Water temp
23°C
Ending pressure
1100psi

Notes:

Since our club had an odd number of divers, I paired up for the first of our three-tank day with Jean-Yves Latour, a divemaster originally from Montreal now living in Connecticut.

The Keystorm is a great dive any time, and it was better today for having less traffic than a few weeks ago (I had joked that a Wal-Mart greeter uniform would not have been out of place on our previous trip - Kim may look into getting one for me).

Jean-Yves was a pleasure to dive with, and he captured some shots of the wreck (and he tells me, some video of me) before the batteries in his camera died.

The dives also took place on the same weekend as the St. Lawrence poker run. I would probably never have made a point of travelling to the water to see the multimillion dollar boating race/event, but since I was there anyway, seeing some of them tear by at 200 mph was impressive. Hearing them screaming by overhead from the wreck was equally so.

I almost forgot! The water was warm enough that I dove with no hood, thin gloves, and my 3mm windsurfing shorty. Fun!

No comments: