| Robert Gaskin, Brockville ON | N 44° 35.3', W 75° 40.6' | ||||
| Dive Number 86 | Buddy Jason | Surface temp 23°C | Starting pressure 3000psi | ||
| Depth 69ft | Visibility good | Time 25m | Water temp 23°C | Ending pressure 1600psi | |
Notes: | Success. Jason and I descended the line and despite trepidation, we left the bottom of the line along the chain to the wreck. I watched my computer carefully to follow the depth, and was pleased to see Jason manage so well as we passed deeper than 60 ft (beyond which I count the dive as "deep"). After a quick tour of the wreck, I was distressed to see my right wrist bare, void of computer. I attempted to communicate this to Jason, but he didn't understand. I retraced our path over the wreck, but didn't find it. Returning to the bottom of the line, I managed to communicate my dilemna to Jason, but with only 1400 psi in his tank, we decided not to return for another look. Frustrated, I ascended, and boarded the boat. Happily, another diver had found it, and returned it to me. And so the dive was saved - good descent, good wreck, and the computer was found! Jason and I stopped at Dive Tech on the way home, where Dan tied a couple of bungees into the computer to replace the broken strap. | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment