Friday, August 29, 2008

KGH, Kingston ON N 44° 13.3', W 76° 29.3'
   Dive Number 83 Buddy
Jason
Surface temp
21°C
Starting pressure
3000psi
Depth
49ft
Visibility
fair
Time
25m
Water temp
21°C
Ending pressure
2200psi

Notes:

Since Jason and I decided to make a trip the the Great Barrier Reef next year, we planned to do some diving this weekend so that we could become accustomed to each other's behaviour underwater. Since I had two boat dives booked for Saturday, we figured that a couple shore dives would get Jason comfortable back in the water (he hadn't yet been out in 2008).

Since I'd recently read about the wreck off the KGH , we decided to give that a try.

Our first attempt was difficult - we navigated by compass, and had no luck finding the line, but Jason got panicked at about 50 feet and insisted on a free ascent to the surface. Although stressful and disorienting without references, we did this together safely, and then swam back to shore and rested before our second dive, which was to go better.

No comments: