Friday, December 04, 2009


The Aquarium, Virgin Gorda, BVI N 18° 26.4', W 64° 27.2'
   Dive Number 121 Buddy
Jason
Surface temp
28°C
Starting pressure
3100psi
Depth
24ft
Visibility
excellent
Time
47m
Water temp
29°C
Ending pressure
1450psi

Notes:

Because they had to decompress before Saturday flights, most divers avoided the Friday afternoon dive, but Jason and I joined five others (and divemaster Emily) for a dive on a shallow coral off Virgin Gorda. Jason and I descended near Kevin and Charlie, and made our way to the coral, where we quickly came across a beautiful swimming sea turtle, and I took several pictures. Kevin and Charlie continued farther along the reef, but when Jason made the "turn around" sign, I interpreted that he wanted to end the dive, and swam back in the direction we came. Back on the North side of the reef, he settled and wanted to stay a little longer, and we saw lots more fish, including a large French angel. We also spied Emily and Heloisa, and I was glad to take another picture of her, since she was a recently certified diver, and it's nice to have a souvenir. Jason and I probably ought to have stayed with them, since when he wanted to return to the boat, I led us away toward the place I thought we dropped instead of the line (we hadn't descended the line!), and it was only after he surfaced for a look-see that we reoriented toward the boat. Arriving closer we both ascended again and this time were close enough for me to swim and Jason to get towed in on a rope.

Confusion notwithstanding, it was a great dive to end our trip on.

No comments: