Thursday, December 03, 2009


Salt Island Bay, Salt Island, BVI N 18° 22.5', W 64° 31.8'
   Dive Number 117 Buddies
Fernando, Tom
Surface temp
28°C
Starting pressure
3000psi
Depth
36ft
Visibility
excellent
Time
75m
Water temp
29°C
Ending pressure
1000psi

Notes:

I haven't been able to find any corroborating evidence on Wiktionary (or even urbandictionary), but the crew of the Cuan Law assures me that "squiffle" is a verb referring to the action of sniffing about, as a pig would do for truffles. This is what they call it when divers take an unscheduled (and unled) dive between scheduled trips out.

When Fernando was thinking about dropping down for a look around the bay, I joined and Tom came along as well. Both are excellent divers - Fernando just over 500 dives, and Tom is an instructor. We got to see lots of sand tilefish burrows and large hermit crabs, and I spied a large barracuda which circled the three of us long enough for us to take pictures and video of it. I continue to hope that someone else has a shot of me with it for my album.

We arrived back at the boat with over a thousand psi, so hung out a little longer in the shallows where more well lit pictures could be taken.

No comments: