| Alice's Backside, Ginger Island, BVI | N 18° 23.5', W 64° 29.2' | |||
| Dive Number 120 | Buddy Jason | Surface temp 27°C | Starting pressure 3100psi | |
| Depth 58ft | Visibility excellent | Time 54m | Water temp 28°C | Ending pressure 1100psi | Notes: | This dive site is affectionately called "Alice's Backside" because of a large rock on shore with a crack in it. We dropped in here and swam against gentle current and then were carried back to the boat. Fernando and I teamed up once more for a wildlife photo, coaxing a porcupinefish out of a little cove. With Jason concerned about air, I thought it would be best for us to follow Emily and Charlie, reasoning that Charlie would likely exhaust his air before Jason did. This in fact turned out to be true, but I had not anticipated that Emily would extend his bottom time by buddy breathing with him. Also, since we were ahead of other divers, we ended up downstream from a good nurse shark sighting. Because of the current, we swam out of the current into the shallow to complete a safety stop in the shelter of a little coral. I navigated back to the line ok, but in the current, Jason dropped again to try and decrease his work of finning, and his computer had him take a second stop. |
No comments:
Post a Comment