Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Marine Museum, Kingston ON N 44° 13.4', W 76° 28.2'
   Dive Number 23 Buddy
Sylvain
Surface temp
18°C
Starting pressure
3100psi
Depth
34ft
Visibility
30ft
Time
49m
Water temp
17°C
Ending pressure
1500psi

Notes:

Rain foiled our third attempt to see the Aloha/Effie Mae,so Sylvain and I head over to the Marine Museum to follow the tied line heading Southeast off the pier. Reputation indicated it would lead to an anchor or something. Scott and Kim joined us and we ventured along it as far as it went, and found... nothing.

There were a few medium sized fish to see, and I amused myself by filling a plastic jug we found with air and releasing it to float up to the surface.

Since I don't have a matching second layer to my wetsuit, I wore my MEC surfshirt undermeath my 7mm neoprene for an extra thermal layer on my torso. After acclimatizing to the water after the giant stride from the side, I was fine for warmth. I hope this remains true beneath whatever thermoclines we encounter on our deep dive in [hopefully] a couple weeks' time.

Also I was tired of looking at the repetitive post titles in the archives, so I am titling the posts by subject instead of just posting the name of the location again. Respek!

Addendum - Pat indicates that the line must have been moved, and that it used to be tied to two anchors under there.

No comments: