| Advanced Open Water Dive 5: Deep Diving | |||||
| Stovin Island, Brockville ON | N 44° 33.5', W 75° 42.7' | ||||
| Dive Number 25 | Buddy Mike | Surface temp
8°C | Starting pressure
2800psi | ||
| Depth
119ft | Visibility
~30ft | Time
29m | Water temp
10°C | Ending pressure
700psi | |
Notes: | It rained this morning and wind blew - enough so that Mike and I were not sure that the charter upon which we had booked passage would go out, but 11 divers braved the elements, and I took advantage of the opportunity to complete the last dive in my Advanced Diver training - the deep. After some trouble clearing the air from my BCD, Mike and I quickly dropped to about 100 feet, where I quickly completed the tasks of mental and physical dexterity. While I'm glad that I didn't suffer any ill effects of nitrogen narcosis, it creates a false sense of security to not notice any difference. Although we never saw the yellow pipe which apparently alerts divers to the end of the drift, I was glad to complete the dive, and with it, my Advanced Open Water certification. Aboard the boat, Mike congratulated me, we changed our tanks as to be ready for the second dive, and retired the the change room for some warmth, some snacks, and some interval time. | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment