Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Munson, Kingston ON N 44° 12.6', W 76° 36.5'
   Dive Number 27 Buddy
Dominique, Olivier
Surface temp
14°C
Starting pressure
3000psi
Depth
101ft
Visibility
25ft
Time
26m
Water temp
12°C
Ending pressure
1500psi

Notes:

For my first undupervised dive as an Advanced Diver, I joined four clubmates on tonight's charter to the Munson. On a previous occasion a trip was diverted from the Munson to the Wolfe for me, as I was the only diver unable to descend to it at the date.

Although my skill was certified, I had neglected to bring my light with me, and the phenomenon known as light extinction means that it's relatively dark 100 feet below the surface. I had paired up with Dominique and Olivier, and I had the good fortune for Oliver to offer me a light to see better down there. Unfortunately he must have loosened something as he removed his light to give it to me: At the end of our dive as we waited at 15 feet of depth for our 5 minute safety stop, Olivier had the good fortune for me to notice, catch, and return his wrist compass which had come off his buoyancy controller and was falling through the water.

It's possible I'll get out next week (for a night dive on the Wolfe), but it's also possible that this was my closing club dive for the year. If it was, it was a good one to go out on.

No comments: