| Murney Tower, Kingston ON | N 44° 13.4', W 76° 29.4' | ||||
| Dive Number 98 | Buddy Jim | Surface temp 21°C | Starting pressure 1800psi | ||
| Depth 45ft | Visibility good | Time 32m | Water temp 15°C | Ending pressure 700psi | |
Notes: | After three summers of trying, Jim and I finally managed to connect to get under water together. He has his diving certification from 1990, but has been out of the water for several years since. We decided to make attempt to find the K.G.H., and I was assured by several people that I would have better luck if I just went to the park bench near the tower, and swam straight out. No one mentioned that there were several park benches, but Jim and I chose the nearest one West of the tower, and entered. We never found any lines, but it may be for the best - with me starting with significantly less than a full tank, it might have been upsetting to find the line and not make it out to the wreck. As it was, we enjoyed seeing lots of gobies, a couple bass, and two large freshwater drum. As well, we swam across a sunken windsurfer sail. It was a great chance to reconnect with Jim and hopefully rekindle his diving career, with more dives together in the future. A post-dive fish and chip lunch at The Pilot House afterwards capped off the trip nicely. | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment