| The Lusitania, Kingston ON | N 44° 8.7', W 76° 36.8' | ||||
| Dive Number 102 | Buddies Rick, Owen | Surface temp 15°C | Starting pressure 3000psi | ||
| Depth 68ft | Visibility good | Time 25m | Water temp 18°C | Ending pressure 1800psi | |
Notes: | Five divers came to the club dive this which was booked for the Queen Mary. Steve and Nancy, me, and two divers I didn't know: Owen and Rick. Ann [our captain] offered to take us to whichever wreck we wanted since all were advanced divers, but momentum being what it is, everyone wanted to follow the original plan. I would have been happy to switch, having been on the Queen Mary a couple weeks ago, but didn't want to make too many waves. When we arrived and found the buoy was not afloat, we happily redirected to the adjacent wreck, the Lusitania. Steve and Nancy were diving dry, so I joined Owen and Rick for the dive. The wreck is large and spread out, a great boiler sits near the stern, as well as a four blade prop. The only fish we saw were gobies. Rick finned aggressively and we turned the dive just after a single lap around the wreck as he air pressure approached 1000 psi. I had been expecting a cool thermocline similar to the one present in my last few lake dives, but felt none. When we surfaced, my computer reported the water temp as 18 degrees, which meant that no one felt cold (I had worn my shorty underneath of my 7mm, just in case). | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment