| KPH, Kingston ON | N 44° 12.5', W 76° 31.8' | ||||
| Dive Number 100 | Buddies Mike, Dianne | Surface temp 22°C | Starting pressure 3100psi | ||
| Depth 68ft | Visibility good | Time 36m | Water temp 10°C | Ending pressure 1300psi | |
Notes: | When I ran into Mike at the club on Tuesday and he heard that I was completing my 99th dive on Wednesday, he suggested I drop him an email and went on to offer me atrip out the KPH on his and Dianne's boat today. I was happy to accept. The KPH is named for its proximity to Kingston Psychiatric Hospital, but has no relationship to the institution. It was the scheduled destination for several charter dives two years ago, but was always cancelled when the mooring line was missing. Mike and Dianne had both been on this 135 foot barge in the past (Dianne recalled it was her 100th dive a well), so they gave me a brief orientation and down we went. Both my buddies used larger capacity tanks than my aluminium 80, but both started with about 1500 psi only. We had enough time to swim the length of the wreck before Mike ran low on air. He surfaced, and Dianne and I swam the length of it once more before surfacing. She also arrived back to the boat with 500 only, but I was ready to be done anyway. The temperature underneath the 45 foot thermocline was too chilly! Mike brought his camera, and took a few pictures, including this one of me diving on the wreck. | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment