Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wolfe Islander II, Kingston ON N 44° 13.5', W 76° 24.9'
   Dive Number 42 Buddy
Sylvain
Surface temp
28°C
Starting pressure
3000psi
Depth
75ft
Visibility
~30ft
Time
31m
Water temp
11°C
Ending pressure
1000psi

Notes:

I am beginning to think that the Aloha/Effie Mae doesn't exist. This may be the fourth time that I have been on a dive to it which has been changed to the Wolfe Islander because of high winds.

Fortunately the Wolfe continues to offer us new excitement. In a break from our usual convention, we were the first ones off the boat, and saw no one else on the wreck for a while. We used my line to navigate each other through the engine room, and also found the bubble of stale air in the salon. It's kind of surreal to be at a depth of 50 or 60 feet and take your reg out of the mouth to speak. You have to put it back in to breathe though!

I remember feeling last year like I had been on the Wolfe so many times that it had nothing more to offer me, so it's a treat to discover so much more!

No comments: