| Treasure Hunt, Nicholson Point, Amherstview ON | N 44° 12.3', W 76° 40.9' | ||||
| Dive Number 40 | Buddy Sylvain | Surface temp 21°C | Starting pressure 3100psi | ||
| Depth ~35ft | Visibility ~50ft | Time 45m | Water temp 15°C | Ending pressure 1750psi | |
Notes: | The treasure hunt is a yearly tradition with the dive club - they knock a bunch of numbered golf balls into the water, and the divers are allowed to return with one each. The ball were numbered from 1 to 30, and they announced that they'd start with either 1 or 30, so Sylvain and I assumed that we'd be smart to get numbers as far from 15 as possible. We both went without hoods, and I wore only my thin gloves (hoping for better desterity, and still nursing a sore thumb from a windsurfing injury). There were 18 divers in the water, but before too long, he had found the 30 and I had the 1. Mike tossed a coin to see who would choose first - I won, and got a coupon for a 2-tank dive with Luc out of Rockport for me and a buddy. Sylvain's number was called before too long, and he won what he wanted anyway - a gift Certificate to Casa Domenico. He also won one of the grand prizes - a Tim Horton's gift basket! There was a line that we didn't follow to its end; also we saw a sad injured looking fish on the bottom with a crooked spine that didn't even move when I dropped my golf ball on it. Our families came for a nice picnic afterwards, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment