| Brule Road Quarry, Westbrook, ON | N 44° 17.0', W 76° 38.9' | ||||
| Dive Number 41 | Buddies Mike, Theresa, Joan, Kevin | Surface temp 23°C | Starting pressure 3100psi | ||
| Depth 24ft | Visibility ~50ft | Time 65m | Water temp 15°C | Ending pressure 1600psi | |
Notes: | Since I am thinking of buying a regulator and BCD, I arranged with Mike to try his "wing" style BC. We met with the others at the club, and headed over to the Brule Road Quarry, where many others have been underwater before, but where I had not yet been. In addition to the couple of small sunken boats and shopping carts in the warm shallow water, there is a 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe on its roof. Since many of the wrecks I find under water are a hundred years old or older, seeing such a recent artifact is kind of novel. There was part of me that thought "The tires don't appear to have much wear on them. I wonder if they would fit the Element." The wing worked well, and I was relatively trim and balanced. I'm not sure it makes a big enough difference to buy one at this point, but I was glad to have tried it and to have shared a great dive at a new location. Lunch afterwards at Bella (next to Northern Tech Diver) was also tasty - their eggplant soup with potato and leek was awesome! | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment