Friday, August 10, 2018

Portsmouth Olympic Harbour, Kingston ON N 44° 13.0', W 76° 31.1'
   Dive Number 201 Buddy
Mark
Surface temp
27°C
Starting pressure
2900psi
Depth
28ft
Visibility
good
Time
45m
Water temp
~16°C
Ending pressure
1700psi

Notes:

Mark and I managed to find a little more time to log another dive this afternoon. We expected to follow the Portsmouth Harbour line out the anchor and explore a line from that branches off to the Northeast - I understand it goes to another anchor? Instead, we failed to even find the first lin and just went for a leisurely swim around the harbour. Our error? We didn't head far enough South at the beginning of our dive to find the starting point; we just kept going Southeast and expected to run into the line. We saw some freshwater rum, a few bass, and the hull that's probably been there all along but which we'd never seen before just next to the pier.

Then we went under again to make sure we'd know how to find the pipes and the line next time.

No post dive food! I had to come home to make supper for the family!

No comments: