Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Lillie Parsons, Brockville ON N 44° 33.3', W 75° 43.1'
   Dive Number 229 Buddy
Jason
Surface temp
27°C
Starting pressure
3100psi
Depth
65ft
Visibility
good
Time
23m
Water temp
20°C
Ending pressure
1500psi

Notes:

Next up, Jason and I dove the Lillie Parsons. I would have estimated that I'd been on it plenty of times before, but records indicate that this is my third visit there. It allows a dive around the deep side and return up the chain on the shallow side, and/or a drift over the upturned hull, from where the centreboard is visible. A short or long drift is possible afterwards, but for the long drift we would have needed either a larger tank for Jason or would have had to depart immediately instead of touring the wreck. The drift along the Western shore of Sparrow Island was supposed to be 30 ft, but we both ended up more shallow, and the current was strong enough that finding places to stay stationary and wait for Jason was difficult. We quickly found ourselves on the line for retrieval - My computer no longer suggested a safety stop was necessary but I did one anyway. Then back to the dock to pick up two more divers for the evening dive.

No comments: