| Shark Tank, Florida Aquarium, Tampa, Florida | N 27° 56.6', W 82° 26.5' | ||||
| Dive Number 168 | Buddy Aquarium Divemaster | Surface temp 24°C | Starting pressure 3000psi | ||
| Depth 20ft | Visibility excellent | Time 40m | Water temp 21°C | Ending pressure 1700psi | |
Notes: | I thought it would be fun to do a dive in the Florida Aquarium shark tank, and also thought the kids would think I was brave if I did it, so we signed up (also signed up Neva and Hugh for a snorkel in the reef exhibit). We were greeted by one of the aquarium hosts and given a short introduction, and the kids and Cheryl were escorted to the outside of the tank (where they saw "Shark Tank" TV personality Lori Greiner filming a promo). The divemaster and I descended in a cage, stepped out and spent about three quarters of an hour with a few sand tiger sharks. The kids didn't think this activity was particularly brave (Neva and Hugh both wanted to try it), but it was fun! | ||||

No comments:
Post a Comment