| Columbia Shallows, Cozumel, Mexico | N 20° 19.0' W 87° 1.0' | ||||
| Dive Number 169 | Buddy Neva, Jay | Surface temp 25°C | Starting pressure 3000psi | ||
| Depth 42ft | Visibility excellent | Time 54m | Water temp 27°C | Ending pressure 1600psi | |
Notes: | Neva and I arrived in Cozumel and I had planned on doing as much snorkelling as she liked, but when she said she'd rather take her open water course, I was glad to go along! She spent much of the day on the 8th watching videos and doing knowledge reviews. After a pool session in the morning, we went out for her first basic open water dive. She completed a quick skills test, and then we went off to explore the reef. We saw some big lobsters, a big crab, and the biggest parrotfist I have ever seen (a midnight parrotfish). We're still working on indicating approval with something other than the thumbs up signal to ascend. | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment