| Brule Road Quarry, Westbrook, ON | N 44° 17.0', W 76° 38.9' | ||||
| Dive Number 127 | Buddy Jason | Surface temp 21°C | Starting pressure 2000psi | ||
| Depth 27 ft | Visibility good | Time 49m | Water temp 24°C | Ending pressure 650psi | |
Notes: | With both of us sporting half tanks from the previous night's dives, Jason and I met up after my morning shift, downed a tasty soup at Siem Reap restaurant, and after picking up a towel for him at Zellers, went over to the Brule Road quarry for a starter dive. The water was warm, and the dive was uncomplicated. I found a 4lb lead weight near the newspaper stand. Had it remained unclaimed, Jason was going to keep it (having paid $5/lb for 20 lbs lead from his Toronto dive shop, he was feeling a little stung, I think). I planned to ask the two other divers in the water with us, but they had disappeared by the time we exited our little swim. We ran into them at Northern Tech Diver when we went over there for air fills. As I suspected, one was Tom Rutledge of Preserve Our Wrecks who I hadn't met before. He reported that the weight wasn't his, but he thought it might belong to Northern Tech Diver. I asked the guy there, and he confirmed it was his, giving Jason a few free clips to say thanks for returning it. I also bought a couple belt clips to keep my lead in place. | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment