Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kattie Eccles, Kingston ON N 44° 0.6', W 76° 44.6'
   Dive Number 124 Buddies
Mario, Andrew
Surface temp
18°C
Starting pressure
3000psi
Depth
97ft
Visibility
good
Time
26m
Water temp
9°C
Ending pressure
1100psi

Notes:

Our second dive of the day was to the Kattie Eccles, a wreck to which I had not previously been. The interval between the dives was short, and by the time that Matt sagely suggested that I consider removing my wetsuit and warming up between dives, I was reluctant to catch any wind chill since I'd be donning it again in a few minutes anyway. [Plus, putting back on a cold wetsuit? unpleasant!] Starting chilly was a shame, since the second dive of the day was also objectively colder.

The Kattie Eccles is also an impressive wreck, featuring a bowsprit in good shape. There's also an intact wheel sitting on top of the steering column. Mike showed me a photo of it later - We must have missed it [despite seeking it] because we were too low. I did get this cool picture of a lantern on the stern!

No comments: