| Maple Glen, Kingston ON | N 44° 8.7' W 76° 37.2' | ||||
| Dive Number 66 | Buddies Sheila, Steve C | Surface temp 15°C | Starting pressure 3000psi | ||
| Depth 67ft | Visibility good | Time 41m | Water temp 12°C | Ending pressure 1300psi | |
| Notes | With eleven divers on our weekly club charter, Steve and Sheila and I were the only unmatched divers, and elected to dive together as a threesome. Since Sheila is legendary in our club for her conservative air consumption, I had been eager to dive with her to see how I measured up. Since the mooring had been removed from the wreck called the Queen Mary, we were diverted to another nearby wreck, which I was told at the time was the Titanic, but the club website now indicates was the Maple Glen. The wreck was interesting, and although we descended by daylight, we all required our lights and ascended by night. As I said, it's a good thing we all made a tour by twilight, since you should never dive a site by night that you haven't seen by day. After getting home, I went through my dive profile and worked out an average depth of between 50 and 52 feet. Using an online Surface Air Consumption (SAC) calculator, I worked out my own SAC at just less than .5 cubic feet (about 12 litres) per minute. | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment