Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Comet, Kingston ON N 44° 08.35', W 76° 35.1'
   Dive Number 64 Buddy
Jason
Surface temp
17°C
Starting pressure
2700psi
Depth
74ft
Visibility
fair
Time
22m
Water temp
16°C
Ending pressure
1700psi

Notes:

With the overcast weather, and a storm threatening to arrive, I was surprised and pleased to go to our scheduled dive at the Comet.

To be sure to not hold anyone up, Jason and I entered the water last and descended the line gently, to allow ample chance to acclimatize to the depth. Arriving at the bottom of the line, the cold and dark conspired to make Jason a little uncomfortable, so we climbed to a depth of 40 to 50 feet, and just swam overtop of the big paddle-wheels. With air running down, we surfaced early, but gently and safely with our usual 15 foot safety stop.

The rain spittled as we rode back to Kingston, and Jason and I enjoyed a tasty supper at Curry Original afterwards.

No comments: