| Rescue Diver Scenario # 2 | |||||
| Portsmouth Olympic Harbour, Kingston ON | N 44° 13.0', W 76° 31.1' | ||||
| Dive Number 52 | Buddy Theresa | Surface temp
22°C | Starting pressure
-- | ||
| Depth
-- | Visibility
-- | Time
~5m | Water temp
22°C | Ending pressure
-- | |
Notes: | Mike assures me that this is a dive that ought to be logged despite the fact that no tank was applied, and I really didn't even go beneath the surface for any length of time. In this scenario, Theresa and I waited on shore while Sylvain and Phil went for a dive. They surfaced after a while and signalled to shore that they had trouble. I elected to swim out with just fins and mask/snorkel, while Theresa donned a full kit. [the advantage of getting in the water quickly would have been negated if I waited for her, which was briefly contemplated]. I swam out to the guys [other errors in this exercise include not having my buddy keep an eye on them or point, and I also lost sight of them when I swam beneath the surface. Mike hastened to add that I also walked with my fins acing forward when I was getting in the water] Nevertheless, it was not complicated one out there to inflate Phil's BC (he was in the role of "tired"), and then Sylvain's (he was more threatening, in the role of "panicked", and I had to maneuver around him to grab his tank and inflate his BC from behind). By the time Theresa arrived, both were under control, and Mike stopped the exercise for the debrief before we had to swim them too far back to shore. It never ceases to interest me how knowing the "right answers" often fails to result in taking the "right actions" when surprised in a situation like this. Despite our shortcomings, I was pleased with the scenario. Just participating in them is helpful to build confidence. | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment