Saturday, September 16, 2006

Advanced Open Water Dive 2: Peak Performance Buoyancy
Kingston Psychiatric Hospital, Kingston ON N 44° 12.9', W 76° 31.3'
   Dive Number 20 Buddy
Sylvain, Mike
Surface temp
21°C
Starting pressure
2600psi
Depth
40ft
Visibility
20ft
Time
45m
Water temp
17°C
Ending pressure
1100psi

Notes:

For my second Advanced Open Water Dive, Mike took Sylvain and I to the KPH, where we followed the pipe out to about 30 feet and did some fine tuning of buoyancy. I learned that while 20 pounds is the right amount of weight for me, I ought to carry about 4 of it on my shoulders if possible; else I return to a feet-down position when resting.

People throw a lot of junk off the pier at KPH. We saw a computer, a printer, a lawn mower, and several cafeteria trays. Mike also spied a cigarette lighter, and Sylvain picked up a golf ball.

No comments: