Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Muskellonge, Brockville ON N 44° 36.1', W 75° 39.1'
   Dive Number 186 Buddy
Jason
Surface temp
27°C
Starting pressure
3100psi
Depth
85ft
Visibility
good
Time
25m
Water temp
24°C
Ending pressure
1100psi

Notes:

Jason and Chandra came up for a single night stay and a double dive day. We hoked up with UnderWhere divers who took us out with two other divers for a couple Brockville dives.

The first dive of the day was the Muskellonge, which sounded familiar to me, but about which I could remember no details. The wreck is an overturned vessel with a wide swim-through with walleye, sturgeon, and eel (conservation status August 2016: Threatened!)

I managed to catch a glimpse of an American eel just before finding the boat, and we passed through the swimthrough, but the air reserve in Jason's steel 80 tank was waning and we turned without exploring the bow.

Logging this dive this morning, I realize that we attempted this dive 100 dives ago but at that time were unable to complete the descent. Improvement! Success!

No comments: