| The King Horn, Rockport ON | N 44° 22.6', W 75° 55.9' | ||||
| Dive Number 73 | Buddy Jean-Olivier | Surface temp 16°C | Starting pressure 3100psi | ||
| Depth 92ft | Visibility good | Time 24m | Water temp 11°C | Ending pressure 1350psi | |
Notes: | The Lyn Lee was under repair, so we had a last minute change to our planned dive, and ten divers became six when two opted out and two could not be reached. I paired up with Jean-Olivier for the dive, but he lost about 600psi from his steel tank during a free-flow while swimming to the top of the buoy line. The dive itself was pretty good. Fewer divers meant a shorter excursion, and J-O and I had a leisurely swim to the front of the wreck, coming back through the hull. I think J-O was frustrated to end the dive early because of his low air, but we had a good tour. Dive manuals usually recommend that if a diver feels something's not right prior to a dive, that he abandon the dive instead of going under with a bad feeling. One of our divers got such a sense, and called his dive at the last moment, leaving the remaining three to dive as a group. I know we have good divers in our club, and my opinion of the experienced diver in question rose even higher to see how he handled this situation. Next dive will be the annual treasure hunt dive on Saturday! | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment