Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dead Man's Bay, Kingston ON N 44° 14.0', W 76° 26.9'
   Dive Number 36 Buddies
Dominique, Mike, Steve
Surface temp
10°C
Starting pressure
2900psi
Depth
16ft
Visibility
~30ft
Time
27m
Water temp
6°C
Ending pressure
1800psi

Notes:

For my first local dive of the year, I joined Dominique, Steve, and Mike at the club, and we headed over to Dead Man's Bay. I had picked up a few new things which I made use of today: My new items included:

  • a new 5mm full hood
  • new MEC boots (made for kayaking, firmer than my old scuba boots)
  • a new MEC surfshirt
  • a used (but new to me) dive computer I picked up at Dive Tech this week

The water was 6 degrees (a new record cold for me), so I only stayed under for 27 minutes overall, for a viewing of what we had previously suspected was the Regent, but we now think is the Charlotte (or is it the Queen Charlotte or Princess Charlotte?). For what it's worth, my trunk remained warm. I'll still be happy to find a solution that results in more warmth for my fingers and feet, but the water's only getting warmer at this point anyway.

Another season begins!

No comments: