| Dead Man's Bay, Kingston ON | N 44° 14.0', W 76° 26.9' | ||||
| Dive Number 31 | Buddies Mike, Joan, Nancy | Surface temp 13°C | Starting pressure 3100psi | ||
| Depth 14ft | Visibility ~20ft | Time 61m | Water temp 8°C | Ending pressure 1250psi | |
Notes: | I arrived at the dive club just in time to join Mike, Joan, and Nancy for a trip to see the Psyche and the Prince Regent(?) in "Dead Man's Bay", accessible from Arrowhead Beach Park, on CFB Kingston. The weeds were abominable, and they are reported to have greatly improved compared to the same site earlier in the year. For the most part, Mike and I tried to swim in the metre between the top of the weeds and the water's surface. Animal wildlife was scarce - I saw a big carp and lots of gobies on the wrecks, as well as a small bass; others reported seeing a couple catfish. The wrecks themselves were interesting, and Mike shot a little video of the dive. The swim was my coldest yet, my shallowest yet, my longest yet, and my latest in the year. I'd be interested to see these sites again when the weeds are gone or if the water is warmer, but probably these conditions will not exist at the same time... | ||||
No comments:
Post a Comment